Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Encyclopedia of Surfing (EOS), a nonprofit website dedicated to preserving, archiving, and celebrating surfing and surf culture. We provide this website, located at www.encyclopediaofsurfing.com, as well as a number of related services, including applications on Facebook and Twitter, to our users, whether they be nonprofit organizations, or other visitors to the site under our Terms and Conditions.
Please take a moment to read our Terms and Conditions. By using our site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. “You” means the individual person entering this Agreement on his or her own behalf; or, if this Agreement is being entered on behalf of an organization, such as an employer, “you” means the organization on whose behalf which this Agreement is entered, and in the latter case, the person entering this Agreement represents and warrants that he or she has the authority to do so on your behalf.
Please note that the internet is a fast-changing medium, and we reserve the right to modify the terms of this agreement. By continuing to use the site after we post any such changes, you accept the modified terms.
Encyclopedia of Surfing (EOS) is controlled and operated from its offices within the United States of America. EOS makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other countries do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials (as that term is defined below) in violation of U.S. export law or regulation.
Please be aware that the material that appears on our site is for informational purposes only. We strive to make the information as accurate as possible, but errors may appear. Please be aware, too, that the links on this website are designed for convenience only, and do not constitute an endorsement by EOS of that site.
All images, website design elements, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, other content, the presentation, selection and arrangement thereof, and all software Copyright © 2013, Encyclopedia of Surfing, Inc, 3819 Anza Street, San Francisco, CA 94121. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
By viewing this website, you agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not:
- Use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of EOS, for any purpose other than for which the site is being provided to you;
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using EOS;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the site to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the site to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the site to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the site (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the site or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the site contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
EOS respects every visitor’s right to privacy. Our goal is for you to be totally comfortable while on our site, to earn and keep your trust, and to that end we will never, under any circumstances, sell or disclose any information about you to a third party without your explicit approval. The only communication you will receive related to visitor-provided contact information, will be from EOS. Visitors who choose not to receive messages or notices from EOS may opt out at any time by simply emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “opt out” in the subject line.
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the internet, visitor information is stored on secure servers, and protected by anti-hacking software. However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that the Site and the Services are invulnerable to all security breaches or immune from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities. EOS reserves the right to cooperate with local, state, provincial and national authorities in investigations of improper or unlawful activities and this may require the disclosure of your personal information. We may also report to other organizations about improper or unlawful user activities and this reporting may include disclosure of personal information relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that we are only willing to provide access to the site if you agree to certain limitations of our liability to you. You understand that to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will we or our employees, directors, affiliates or agents be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data, or business interruptions or other intangible losses, arising out of or related to your use of our site. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of this site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the site.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied on the site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site or Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Send to: email@example.com. Allow 2-3 work days for a response.
EOS is a California-registered non-profit, and we strictly adhere to all related laws, rules and provisions. EOS does not accept advertising. EOS has no subscription fees. The site is funded through corporate sponsorship and donations. EOS does not have automatic renewals for donations; each donation must be initiated by the person who wishes to contribute. Your donations are tax deductible.
Questions or comments about donating to EOS can be directed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the site with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the site. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the site. Continued access to the site following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the site as so modified.
Copyright to all Content on the site is either owned by The Encyclopedia of Surfing, Inc. or is licensed to The Encyclopedia of Surfing, Inc. No Content or other material from this site may be copied, reproduced, published, republished, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, modified, used to prepare derivative works, distributed or redistributed in any way in any medium whatsoever now known or later invented. Any attempt to modify these materials or to use these materials for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and may subject you to injunctive relief, statutory damages and other penalties. The use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited without the express written permission of The Encyclopedia of Surfing, Inc.
EOS welcomes all comments. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com